Wednesday 9 November 2011

A time to love and a time to give………Utøyas Venner.

CHARITY CUSHION2


After the tragic events that took place in Norway on 22nd July, I decided I wanted to try and raise some money, for what I believe, is a worthy cause, and so I’m looking to raise funds  which will help re-build the community  on the island of Utøya, and to also help those families who lost their precious children and loved ones on that day.



Many years ago I used to love cross stitching by hand, and have made many items for my own home, and for friends who mean a lot to me, as well as selling them all over the world.


However, due to the time consuming nature of hand cross stitching, I put it aside, but I felt that this would be the ideal opportunity to pick up my embroidery threads and do something useful. And so I’ve made this lovely little cushion, which I would like to offer up for auction, via my Facebook page.


CHARITY CUSHION5


The cushion is completed with beautiful fabrics from Ian Mankin, which really add to the finished item.


LAST OF THE SUMMER LIGHT


I originally called this photo ‘Last of the summer light’ as this wee little cushion has been sitting on a chair on my landing since the beginning of August, waiting to raise some money and find a home!


So, my dear friends, this auction will take place via my Little Miss Norway Facebook Page, and in order to bid, all you have to do first is become a fan of my page, then place your bid. Simple as that!


BUT YOU MUST BE A FAN OF MY PAGE IN ORDER TO BID ON THE AUCTION - that's the important bit!


I'm going to start the bidding at £25.oo


The auction will close on Wednesday, 30th November, at 8pm British time (9pm CET)


I will then contact the highest bidder and send them the Utøyas Venner Paypal link, where they can make the payment direct, and then send me confirmation that it has been received.


Once that takes place, I will post the cushion onto the successful bidder, the postage costs of which, will be picked up by myself.


So what are you waiting for – head on over to my Facebook page and start bidding, it’s all for a very worthy cause……….


As usual, many thanks for dropping by, this one means a lot to me!


Stor klem til alle sammen!
Mxx

No comments:

Post a Comment